Saturday 24 September 2016

Previous 3D Modelled Creations

I just thought that I would share some of my rough and WIP models I've made previously in order of oldest to newest! 
I'm also currently working on a few of my characters which I will have to add to here once I finish them.
 
 
This is a video of a Gnathosaurus model I had made in grade 9 for film class!  The whole class had to make and animate a dinosaur.  This was the first 3D model I had ever made (not counting the house design from google sketch up)  We used Zbrush then (I really miss that program) and it took me a very long time to finish her up.  Gnathosaurus is part of the Pterosaur family and usually would have wings but unfortunately we had to modify her and take them off just to try and get the project done faster.   I will dig around a little and see if I can find some more photos of "Gnatho" as we lovingly called her.  The animation was a pre-rendered walk cycle in 3Ds max on a rigged skeleton of a dragon which I just modified to fit her.  Even so, the moment my teacher sent me this video was the biggest relief, because I had fiddled with Gnatho for way too long and the rigging process was long and hard but this made it all worth it.  (I really wish she didn't have those noodle arms though.)
 
 
 
 
 
This is a little griffon that I quickly made a little while back during a livestream to both show some techniques in blender to a friend as well as make a Guinea Pig for figuring out blender's rigging process.  It's a bit rough but I still like it anyway.  I made this before I attended a 3D sculpting presentation which taught me some really important processes.   If I were to do it again I would most definitely change many things about him. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This is a bust of a character of mine named Relishar!  I rendered this in Blender! I really hope to finish this piece soon because I really want to 3D print this bust and paint it.  It would also be good for sketching her, because different angles of a character can be tough sometimes when a design is more complex. I still have to add scales, but I first need to figure out how to mask in blender. I also really want to fix up some of the wonky mesh!
 

This is her drawn reference!  I must update it however so that her anatomy is more realistic.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment