Monday 31 October 2016

The Cat has His First Prototype

After a lot of cutting and struggles I finally got a prototype going for which I can improve the template and continue forward.
 
Here is the pattern I made to look nicer in Illustrator after I cut it out!

 
 
I put the cat together with the help of some tape.  Strong glue would be a lot better. I'll use my 6000 glue for the next one.  I marked spots that needed a tab with a blue marker, and spots that needed a tag removed with a gold marker so I could fix it in illustrator.
 
Looking back I wish I had made the back a simpler shape so it would be easier to fold, however I can definitely make it work as long as it's the first thing that I fold and glue.  Overall I really like how this came out! It would be a lot easier to make with bigger paper but the size, I think, makes it really cute! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment