Monday 14 November 2016

Skeletal Kitty Final Rendition!

Here is the third and final version of the skeletal kitty complete with a schematic and pictures! 
 
 




 
 
I didn't make many adjustments at this point mostly because I was superbly happy with how prototype 2 came out!  I learned a technique for applying the glue which mostly works, however the glue I use likes to dry out fast, which is both a blessing and a curse.  Some of the biggest problems came in the order of assembly.  The head and tail were tough to apply when all the pieces were separately done, so I ended up applying it to the body before I finished assembling it and it seems to work well.  The head came out really well I'm happy to say, the eyes and nose fit perfectly, and I'm really glad that the little ectoplasm ears are kind of rounded because of the stiffness of the paper/vinyl not making a perfect fold.  Overall I would say this was a success and I want to make more of him with more cat designs!  One issue with the schematic was that I had to take it to staples to print and I found out a little too late that unfortunately I had rendered it at a slightly lower quality then I should have so it is a little pixelated.  However, it still looks good, and I printed the cat design itself out without the pixilation.  I think it's amazing that you can take something from the computer and make a paper version in real life. Really cool!

1 comment:

  1. This is a really fantastic and thoughtful design. It came out so well! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete